How To Play
Mega Millions® Game Information
How to Play
- Each play costs $1 for each draw.
- On a play slip, use pencil or black pen to select 5 numbers from 1 through 56 on the upper section and 1 number from 1 through 46 on the lower section. You may also ask for an Easy Pick or mark the "EP" box on one or both sections of the play slip and let the Lottery terminal randomly select your numbers for you. You may bet up to 5 plays on a play slip.
- Check the play slip for accuracy and present to a Lottery Retailer for processing. Important: It is the player's responsibility to check the tickets for accuracy prior to leaving the retail location. Please sign your ticket immediately to show ownership.
- There are no cancellations allowed in New Hampshire Mega Millions®.
- Drawings are held Tuesday and Friday evenings. At approximately 11:00 pm.
- If you make an error, DO NOT ERASE on the play slip, instead mark the Void box for that play.
- Players who mark the Megaplier® box pay an extra $1 for each and every play and/or additional draw, and those who win a prize, except the Jackpot, will receive an amount equal to the prize multiplied by the Megaplier® number selected at a drawing conducted at the time of the regular Mega Millions® drawing. The Megaplier® number will be chosen from a field of 21 numbers according to the following frequency: 12 number 4s, 7 number 3s and 2 number 2s. For example, if you win $250,000 on Mega Millions® and the Megaplier® number drawn is 4, you would win $1,000,000 ($250,000 x 4) if you purchased the Megaplier® feature.
For your convenience, you may purchase a ticket good for up to 20 draws by selecting a draw number under the "draws" column. Total ticket cost will depend on the number of panels and draws you play.
You may purchase a Mega Millions® ticket until 9:50 pm on the evening of the draw. The winning numbers drawing will be broadcast on WBIN-Derry at approximately 11:00 pm every Tuesday and Friday and the winning number results will be broadcast at approximately 11:15 pm on WMUR-9.
Every time a Mega Millions® ticket is purchased in New Hampshire, all profits remain in the state and are earmarked for education.
Nine Ways to Win!
|5 White Balls + Mega Ball
|5 White Balls
|4 White Balls + Mega Ball
|4 White Balls
|3 White Balls + Mega Ball
|3 White Balls
|2 White Balls + Mega Ball
|1 White Ball + Mega Ball
|0 White Balls + Mega Ball
Overall odds of winning are 1:40
New Hampshire Mega Millions® Megaplier®!
Multiply your lower-tier Mega Millions® winnings up to 4 times! To play, just choose the Megaplier® feature on your Mega Millions® play slip, or ask the clerk to "Megaply" your numbers. For each set of numbers played, it costs an additional $1 to Megaply those numbers.
A Megaplier® multiplier number (2, 3, or 4) is selected at random for each Mega Millions® drawing. If you win the second prize level of $250,000 and you have chosen Megaplier®, your prize will be $1 million cash, no matter what Megaplier® number is drawn. If you win a cash prize of $2 up to the $10,000 prize level, you multiply that amount 2, 3, or 4 times!
Megaplier® numbers are 2, 3 and 4. The odds of a 2 being selected are 1:10.5, the odds of a 3 being selected are 1:3, and the odds of a 4 being selected are 1:1.75.
For an extra $1: Mega Millions® with Megaplier®
*Megaplier® does not apply to Jackpot.
So, play Mega Millions® with Megaplier® today! Now there's one more way that you could become a millionaire.
When Megaplying with a play slip, the feature applies to all bets on that slip.
1) You must be at least 18 years of age to purchase a ticket.
2) Tickets, transactions and winners are subject to state law, rules and
regulations of the New Hampshire Lottery/MUSL, and tickets are only offered for sale
in accordance with the same. Applicable rules are available upon request
from the New Hampshire Lottery.
3) A ticket is a bearer instrument. The New Hampshire Lottery/MUSL, retailers or
contractors shall not be responsible for lost or stolen tickets. The New
Hampshire Lottery/MUSL and the contractors shall not be responsible for tickets
redeemed by Retailer in error.
4) Terminal produced ticket(s) are heat sensitive. Do not expose to prolonged
periods of excessive heat or light.
5) The placing of Mega Millions® play(s) is done at the player's own risk through the
Retailer who is acting on behalf of the player in entering the play(s).
6. Non-jackpot prizes of $250,000 and higher may take up to three business days to process. To expedite payment the Lottery suggests payment by wire transfer to a bank or brokerage account in the winner's name. A winner electing the wire transfer method of payment must provide the Lottery with a voided check or wire transfer instructions to an appropriate account. Wire transfer payments can be received within one to two business days.
Back to top.