How To Play
Powerball® Game Information
How to Play
1. Each play costs $2 for each draw.
2. Please note: Use pencil only. Select five numbers from 1 through 59 on the upper section, and one number from 1 through 35 on the lower section; or to Easy Pick (EP), mark the "EP" box on one or both sections of the play slip and let the Lottery terminal randomly select your numbers for you. You may bet up to five plays on a play slip.
3. Check the play slip for accuracy and present to a Lottery Retailer for processing. Important: It is the player's responsibility to check the tickets for accuracy prior to leaving the retail location.
4. There are no cancellations allowed in New Hampshire Powerball®.
5. Drawings are held Wednesday and Saturday evenings.
6. If you make an error, DO NOT ERASE. Instead, mark the Void box for that play.
7. Players who mark the Power Play® box pay an extra $1 for each and every play and/or additional draw, and those who win a non-jackpot prize receive a larger prize amount. For example, the regular prize amount of $1 million for a 5 of 5 match is now doubled to $2 million if the player chooses the Power Play® option at time of purchase.
8. You may purchase a ticket good for up to 20 draws by selecting a draw number under the "draws" column. Total ticket cost will depend on the number of panels and draws you play.
9. You may purchase a Powerball® ticket until 9:50 pm on the evening of the draw
The winning numbers drawing will be broadcast on WBIN-Derry at approximately 10:59 pm every Wednesday and Saturday and the winning number results will be broadcast at approximately 11:15 pm on WMUR-9.
Every time a Powerball® ticket is purchased in New Hampshire, all profits remain in the state and are earmarked for education.
Nine Ways to Win! (
effective January 15, 2012
|5 White Balls + Powerball
|5 White Balls
|| 1: 5,153,633
|4 White Balls + Powerball
|| 1: 648,976
|4 White Balls
|| 1: 19,088
|3 White Balls + Powerball
|| 1: 12,245
|3 White Balls
|| 1: 360
|2 White Balls + Powerball
|| 1: 706
|1 White Ball + Powerball
|| 1: 111
|0 White Balls + Powerball
|| 1: 55
|Overall odds of winning
|| 1: 31.8
*The JACKPOT will be divided equally among multiple winners. The Jackpot is paid as an annuity of 30 payments over 29 years or, as the election of the winner, in a single lump sum payment of the cash value of the annuity prize. If the winner chooses the annuity, the annual payments will be increased each year by a percentage set out in the Powerball® game rules.
Pari-mutuel Prize Payment:
In very rare instances, the lottery may not be able to pay the stated set prize levels. In that case, the prize pools will go pari-mutuel (like the Jackpot) and we will divide the prize pool among all of the winners.
New Hampshire Powerball® Power Play®!
Now, Power Play® players can win up to $2 million!
To play, just choose the Power Play® feature on your Powerball® play slip, or ask the clerk to "Power Play®" your numbers. For each set of numbers played and/or for each additional draw, it costs $1 more to Power Play® those numbers.* You can now win up to $2 million.
The Jackpot prize level is not part of Power Play®.
*When Power Playing with a play slip, the feature applies to all bets on that slip.
For an extra $1: POWERBALL® with Power Play®
|Match ||NEW Power Play Prizes!|
| 5 White Balls + Powerball ||Does not apply to Jackpot Prize|
| 5 White Balls ||$2,000,000|
| 4 White Balls + Powerball ||$40,000|
| 4 White Balls ||$200|
| 3 White Balls + Powerball ||$200|
| 3 White Balls ||$14|
| 2 White Balls + Powerball ||$14|
| 1 White Ball + Powerball ||$12|
| 0 White Ball + Powerball ||$12|
So, play the new, more powerful Powerball® today! You could be the next New Hampshire millionaire!
1. You must be 18 years of age to purchase a ticket.
2. Tickets, transactions and payment of prizes are subject to state law, rules and regulations of the New Hampshire Lottery/MUSL and tickets are only offered for sale in accordance with the same. Applicable rules are available upon request from the New Hampshire Lottery.
3. A ticket is a bearer instrument. The New Hampshire Lottery/MUSL, retailers or contractors shall not be responsible for lost or stolen tickets. The New Hampshire Lottery/MUSL, and the contractors shall not be responsible for tickets redeemed by Retailer in error.
4. Terminal produced ticket(s) are heat sensitive. Do not expose to prolonged periods of excessive heat or light.
5. The placing of Powerball play(s) is done at the player's own risk through the Retailer who is acting on behalf of the player in entering play(s).
6. Non-jackpot prizes of $250,000 and higher may take up to three business days to process. To expedite payment the Lottery suggests payment by wire transfer to a bank or brokerage account in the winner's name. A winner electing the wire transfer method of payment must provide the Lottery with a voided check or wire transfer instructions to an appropriate account. Wire transfer payments can be received within one to two business days.
Back to top.